Rail Freight Rates
TERMS OF SHIPMENT
Ex works factory terms are recommended for import rail shipments to assist with the control of movement and ensure LCL cut off is met, although FCA Wuhan terms are available if you prefer (under FCA terms, shipper is responsible for all local charges up to departure Wuhan rail terminal).
If you have historically bought on FOB terms for your ocean movements and wish to change to EXW terms for rail movements, we recommend you re-negotiate with your supplier to obtain the relevant reduction in costs which will help offset the additional cost of arranging via rail on Ex works terms.
Information required to quote for an import rail movement
- Product description
- Supplier name and address of where the goods are to be collected from, along with ZIP code (If Ex works)
- Number of packages , weights and sizes
- Package type (e.g. pallets, cartons etc), whether they are stackable or not
- Door delivery address including post code
- Date when goods should be available along with required delivery date (if available)